Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Country Living I

Hello!! It has been a very busy past few days for me.. spending time with my kids and taking them out a lot now that the weather has improved was on top of my list. Whenever I get a window (mostly when they are in bed) I do a bit of painting in the house. I intend to adapt shabby chic/country style for a change. I started with painting wardrobe cabinets and bedside tables which I will show here when it's all done. But today out of the blue I thought I'd paint the fireplace. We did have a dark stained one to match the dark leather sofa we have but after five years I felt a need to freshen up things and soften them a bit.

 I thought my dwarf daffodils look great on the table and placing books for Edward to look at goes well with it
I picked this small bird cage from the shop earlier and placed my butterflies around it. To begin with I could never see why this stuff is about. I wondered what else could you put in it apart from real birds but actually seeing people putting flowers inside is a good idea. As for mine, Edward threw my orchid earlier and snapped the flowers..(trust me I wasn't happy, but it was my fault for leaving it around knowing my two year would find it attractive) so I placed them inside..can't wait for my Hydrangeas to flower so I could put some in.
 
That's all for me. Hope you are having a lovely day.

3 comments :

  1. I love the birdcage with your flowers! It is stunning! I can't wait to see the hydrangeas in it too! And your daffodils are fantastic!!!! I am so glad you popped by my blog! Now I can follow your beautiful blog! Cheers! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Nicole! I haven't been blogging about my photography long and I've just started following others of the same interests too. Thanks for stopping by and surely will pop in your site whenever I'm online. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colourful images Hyds ~ thank you for your visit ♥

    ReplyDelete